Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mod Podge Initial

What you need, $3 frame from Wal-mart, white bead board, initial letter, cute paper, sandpaper, black paint, stain, saw, wood glue, staple gun, and paint brushes.

Sand your initial, wipe down and paint.

Trace your letter face down on the back of your cute paper. Cut out slightly inside the lines traced. Trim if needed. Then Mod Podge on to the front of the letter. Distress your letter if wanted.

Cut a piece of bead board to fit your frame (I used the glass to cut the right size). Sand the front of the bead board just enough that the stain will stick. Paint stain on and wipe off to desired look.

I put a bit of wood glue on the initial and then used my staple gun to keep it in place.
Ta-da, done.
*Got the idea from Miss Crafty Pants and then added my twist.

2 comments:

karis stapley said...

Awesome! I love the pattern of the paper.

Leslie said...

Hey! I have one of these and I LOVE it! Thanks for making one for me. :)