Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Almond Joy Ice Cream


So every year my Grandma & Grandpa have a Homemade Ice Cream Contest and this year I put together a pretty darn yummy one.  I made it because I had just made THIS Almond Joy Popcorn Munch from Inside BruCrew Life, and thought it would be great as ice cream so here is what I concocted.

Almond Joy Ice Cream

1 cup almond milk
14oz. cream of coconut (find it in the booze isle)
1 ½ cups heavy cream

1 ½ cups sweetened flaked coconut (toasted)
1 ½ cups sliced almonds (toasted)
1 cup chocolate of choice (melted)
1-2 cups chopped Almond Joy candy bars

Toast coconut and Almonds (lay out on wax paper)
Melt chocolate and drizzle over the coconut and almonds.  Let harden.  Break up into bit size pieces.  Wisk almond milk, cream of coconut, and heavy cream together. 
Dump everything into ice cream freezer, and freeze.

No comments: